At long last our Deep Purple title Wait For The Ricochet is being reprinted and will be back in stock by the end of April or early May 2017 (production files are already with the printer.) The book is substantially as before, with just typos and other small text corrections being made. You can place a discounted pre-order now on our official shop (who will be able to supply it long before Am*z*n get their rapacious hands on it!) So if you were one of the lucky people who bought it first time around you do not need to upgrade (though if you want to we will offer you a special discount.)
Rather than plug the book ourselves, here are one-line comments from different journalists and readers of the original edition. You can read the reviews in full on the site. And if this gets you in the mood for the follow-up, the Machine Head book is on the way.
• You’ll come out of the other side of this entertaining read feeling as though there is nothing more to know about Purple’s pivotal album, such is the comprehensive and detailed breadth of material on offer.
• The book looks fantastic, chock full of rare photographs and memorabilia. It’s a joy to flick through and savour,
• I had to read it from beginning to end, couldn’t lay it aside. It’s an astonishing labour of love, so much detail and very well written.
• Simply fantastic piece of work
• A superb publication. Full of fascinating stuff;
• I was anticipating an informative read, but flipping heck, the detail and general level of love and almost but not quite reverence is to be praised.
• The attention to detail, background stories, interviews and archive photos in breathtaking.
• Flawless and immaculate
• This truly is a fantastic book.
• Hugely attractive just as an object!
• Monumental and stupendously detailed.
• Superbly illustrated.